Here for You
The Victim Advocate is trained to support victims by offering emotional support, victims’ rights information, and assist in finding needed resources and assistance in filling out crime victim related forms. The Victim Advocates’ responsibilities vary depending on the situation. In Noble County, our Advocate accompanies victims and their family members through the criminal justice proceedings and facilitates relationships with community organizations and social service agencies, to help obtain information for the victims we serve.
How to File a Protection Order
- Request a Protection Order. At the bottom of the screen it will give an option to create an account.
- Create an account using an email address and it will send a temporary password to the e-mail address.
- Log in with the temporary password and then create your own password that you will use for this account.
- Continue with the login.
- On the right hand side of the page it will say “create a petition”. You will follow the steps to create a petition.
- Follow the instructions to enter the county the incident occurred in and all the applicable conditions as it directs you.
- You will need to know a valid address for the Respondent (offender).
- Complete all the steps, review, then submit.
- You will receive a Petition # as well as a confirmation e-mail.
- Once completed, call the Victim’s Advocate at 260-636-2193 ext 3110.
- The Victim’s Advocate will follow up with the courts to confirm if there is a court date that has been set for the Protection Order and will let you know the time and place of that hearing.
- The Victim’s Advocate will attend this hearing with you and answer any questions you may have concerning this hearing.
Request for Restitution
Please fill out the form linked below as well as submit any supporting documentation. These could be things such as: hospital bills, medical bills, damage to property, receipts or bills of any sort.